MLSA offices and HelpLine will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov 26 and 27, in order that staff may spend time with family and friends. We will reopen on Monday, Nov 30.
Want to submit an application over the holiday and weekend? Use our online application (online applications will be reviewed beginning Nov 30).
MLSA staff wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving and shares what we are thankful for:
- Opportunity to serve our clients in ways that not only make a difference in the clients' lives but also strengthens our communities.
- Work which helps make the world a more just place for all beings — together with a group of friendly, kind hearted, and professional folks.
- That I get to spend my workday trying to have a positive impact on my community and that my workplace is filled with talented people endeavoring to do the same.
- Coworkers who work hard and patiently to create a better world for those facing civil legal problems.
- Judges and court clerks who treat all persons with respect.
- Pro bono attorneys and paralegals who donate their time and talents to assist Montanans living in poverty.
- MLSA's leadership team, for its commitment to advancing the cause of justice in Montana.
- Clients who take the bold step of contacting MLSA when their rights are at risk and who are willing to take a stand.
- Community partners who work with MLSA toward the goal of justice for Montanans living in poverty.
- Justice for Montanans members for their dedicated service to assisting Montanans living in poverty.
- To be surrounded by clients, staff and community partners who care about the world around them and try every day to make it a better place.
- For all the wonderful co-workers I have the pleasure to work with and all our volunteers (AmeriCorps) members to do the work we do to help others.
- Opportunity to provide meaningful legal services to those who truly need it while getting to travel to and know vast, beautiful areas of this gorgeous State that I would not know otherwise.
- To be part of a team of dedicated legal aid warriors who work tenaciously to improve their clients' lives and who do it with lots of perspective and humility.