Join Montana Legal Services Association and make a difference! You’ll enjoy Montana’s outdoor lifestyle while advocating for those without a voice in our legal system. We offer a supportive and collegial work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and a generous benefits package. A career at MLSA is filled with work that is both intellectually stimulating and challenging and no two days are the same. Whether you are just starting your legal career or are a seasoned lawyer, making legal aid work part of your life will not only allow you to grow your legal skills, but will also instill a sense of personal satisfaction from seeing the immediate results of your work in the transformed lives of clients.
Who Are We
- Our attorneys have pursued impact litigation all the way to Montana’s Supreme Court, helping to level the playing field for all Montanans.
- Our staff works with clients statewide and within Montana’s Tribal Courts.
- We are nationally recognized for our forward-thinking approach to civil legal aid and for our use of technology to advance the cause of justice for all in Montana.
- Live your values and put your passion or degree to work by advocating for people who deserve a voice in our legal system.
- We offer company-paid health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan; and eligibility for a health reimbursement (HRA) or health savings account (HSA). MLSA contributes $1,250 to employees each year for an HRA or HSA.
- MLSA is a Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) organization and additionally, attorney staff may be eligible for up to three separate Loan Repayment Assistance programs run through the Legal Services Corporation, Montana Justice Foundation, and MLSA. For attorneys, this additional amount for student loans can be anywhere from $2,400 - $14,200. MLSA's Loan Repayment Assistance Program is also available to non-attorney staff.
- We offer a generous paid leave package, including 3 weeks of annual leave, 24 hours of personal leave (prorated), sick leave, and a wellness leave program.
- If you move from another town in Montana to join us, we offer up to $500 for relocation reimbursement or $1,000 if you move from out of state.
- Access to free CLE seminars and opportunities to attend national conferences and trainings.
The Victim Rights Intake Navigator offers support, advocacy, information and referrals to victims, instituting a consistent human component to help guide victims through the various systems and processes related to their victimization. The Intake Navigator refers cases as appropriate to the Crime Victim Group attorney and/or other MLSA advocates depending on the nature of the legal matter faced by the client. The Intake Navigator is the first point of contact for victims seeking assistance from Montana Legal Services Association. For more information, and to apply to the job, please follow this link.
The Project Coordinator manages multiple projects within the Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA). The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing several large scale projects aimed at connecting MLSA clients with services offered through special projects within MLSA. The Project Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for each project for the organization and, under supervision from MLSA’s Deputy Director, will be responsible for project development, implementation, and management. For more information, and to apply to the job, please follow this link.
Apply for positions online here. Screening of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled.