Apply for Legal Services
MLSA offices and HelpLine will be closed on President's Day, Monday February 15. Need to apply during that time? Use our online application (below). Online applications will be reviewed on or after Tuesday February 16.
Do you need legal help?
(Warning! Someone who is abusing you can track your computer and Internet use. There is always a trail of sites you have viewed, but you can leave this site quickly here. Learn about computer safety here.)
There are three ways to apply!
1. Submit an online application*
2. Or submit a hardcopy application:
- Print the application and fill it out by hand, or
- Fill out an application on your computer and print it out.
Then, either mail or fax the application to Montana Legal Services Association:
Montana Legal Services Association
616 Helena Avenue, Suite 100
Helena, MT 59601
3. Or call the HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899: (The MLSA HelpLine will be closed Thursday, Sept 10, for staff training. Need to apply? Submit an online application. Online applications will be reviewed after September 10.)
- HelpLine hours are Monday – Thursday 8:30am-5:30pm, and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
- When you call the HelpLine, an intake specialist will walk you through an application. Call the HelpLine at 1 (800) 666-6899.
* When you submit an online application, your private information is sent to MLSA over a secure Internet connection. Any information you give MLSA is confidential. We do not share your information with anyone without your permission.
For help filling out the online application, watch this short instructional video below.