Careers with MLSA
Position Title: Intake Specialist
The Montana Legal Services Association has an opening for an Intake Specialist in its Helena office. This position is responsible for eligibility screening and referrals of clients for a statewide legal advice helpline, and may also provide telephone legal advice to clients throughout Montana. Applicants must demonstrate strong people skills and flexibility.
- Answer incoming HelpLine calls.
- Conduct initial screening of all HelpLine calls.
- Determine if there is a legal aspect to a caller’s problem and summarize the issue.
- Open computer files for new clients and new cases.
- Mail HelpLine correspondence, client education and other literature to clients.
- Input data from on-line or paper applications.
- Scan and upload applications and client documents to MLSA’s case management system.
- Maintain calendars in the case management system and scheduling advice appointments with MLSA’s advocates.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of legal and social service agencies that can help both eligible and ineligible for MLSA’s services.
- Participate in organizational projects such as conducting client surveys and tracking data on an as needed basis or the MLSA Client and Community Outreach Group.
- Participate as a Live Help Navigator for MLSA’s website www.MontanaLawHelp.org.
- Assist with training MLSA’s Justice for Montanans Intake and Outreach members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent educational experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Capacity to learn and adapt.
- High degree of computer data entry proficiency and accuracy.
- Call center experience a plus.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
- A commitment to providing high quality legal assistance to low-income people in Montana.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively and collegially within a decentralized statewide law firm.
- Proficient at the use of technology, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, internet-based programs and computer-based legal research.
- Willingness to learn and further develop technology skills and abilities.
- Dependability, initiative and motivation and concern for the interests of the client.
The Montana Legal Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $29,120. MLSA offers an attractive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement and educational loan repayment assistance.
To Apply: Send a letter of interest, three professional references, and resume to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: Screening of applicants will begin on January 15, 2018, and will continue until the time of selection.