In October, MLSA has blogged each Thursday on relationship abuse/sexual abuse/stalking topics in honor of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. We encourage you to share the information we blog on with your friends, family, and coworkers.
Please note: Always call 911 if you are in immediate danger.And know that if you are a domestic violence survivor, using the Internet or a computer can be dangerous. Click here for information on how to use the Internet and computers safely.
Getting legal information and assistance is often key for survivors of domestic abuse to escape the violence.At Montana Legal Services Association, we help survivors escape violence everyday.MLSA includes a small specialized group of attorneys and advocates who provide legal services to domestic violence survivors across Montana. The MLSA staff who provide these services are trained, knowledgeable, and experienced in the dynamics of domestic violence and the means to keep their clients safe and restore them to nonviolent lives.The assistance MLSA provides to survivors includes:
- Information and resources listed on MontanaLawHelp.org under the Relationship Abuse/Sexual Abuse/Stalking topic area;
- Information from the HelpLine at 1-800-666-6899;
- Advice from advocates and attorneys;
- Direct representation by attorneys;
- Referrals to social service and governmental agencies, pro bono attorneys, and more.
If you are a survivor with legal issues, you can call to learn how we can help you. Call our HelpLine, Mon-Sat 7:30am-6:00pm.And watch and learn how MLSA helped a client escape abuse.