Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) has big goals for 2013 and we'll share those in future blogs.
But first, we’d like to tell about just a few of the major accomplishments we —with your help—achieved last year:
- Helped clients with 3,570 cases;
- Began the Foreclosure Assistance Project and helped 39 clients as of mid-December;
- Restructured our intake system, including implementing case processing guidelines, to make sure that applications are handled quickly and fairly, and that cases are taken in a standardized manner to ensure the greatest positive impact for low-income Montanans with legal needs;
- Increased the Justice for Montanans Project to 16 members, and added the State Bar Modest Means program as a partner;
- Began a communications initiative to spread awareness of our law firm and the issues which our clients face; and
- Installed a new VOIP Telephone system that will increase advocates’ and clients’ ability to effectively communicate.
Not bad for a law firm with only 13 full-time attorneys!
We thank our donors, partners, funders, and our clients for helping us to have such a successful year and wish you a happy 2013.