Free Tax Help

Do you know where to find free help with filing your taxes? Here are two programs that may be able to help:

1. Tax Help Montana (THM) offers free preparation and filing services for low- to moderate-income taxpayers and seniors (age 60+). Find THM sites across the state by visiting and clicking the purple “Our 2024 Tax Sites” button.
2. MyFreeTaxes is an online tax filing program that helps people file their federal and state taxes for free. The United Way provides MyFreeTaxes in partnership with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to help filers prepare their tax returns on their own or have their return prepared for them for free. To find locations, go to

Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) provides legal tips to help Montanans better understand their rights and find free resources. Follow us on social media for more helpful information!