We live in a large state and MLSA leverages technology so that people can access free legal help, no matter their zip code.
Here are some updates for how MLSA has improved our services and made it easier for Montanans to access free legal help:
- MLSA has a brand new mobile friendly online application. Montanans can now apply for free legal help while on the bus, in a waiting room, or at their dinner table. Check out the new mobile friendly intake!
- MontanaLawHelp.org is now mobile friendly and will fit any device, whether a desktop, tablet, or smartphone. Grab your smartphone and check out the mobile friendly MontanaLawHelp.org!
- You can now subscribe to get SMS alerts for new resources on MontanaLawHelp.org. Look for the “Subscribe via SMS” button on Montana Law Help.
- MLSA developed brand new interactive family law forms, including petitions for parenting plan and/or divorce and a notice of intent to move. The interactive forms break down the information into smaller bits so it’s easier to complete a legal document, and provide a little more help than a write-in-the-blank form. You can find the new interactive forms in the Families & Kids section on MontanaLawHelp.org.
- Last but not least, MLSA developed a Legal Self Help Landing page that you can download as a desktop shortcut so that caseworkers, patrons, and customers can easily find legal help for their problem. Find the Legal Self Help Landing Page at http://www.montanalawhelp.org//self-help.
If you have any questions or comments about our technology initiatives, please contact the Community Outreach Assistant, Alex Clark, at [email protected].