Get Legal Help
Montana Legal Services Association provides free legal help to low-income people living in Montana. There is no charge for our services.
- Most of our legal services are available only for people with income at or below 125% of the federal poverty level.
- Sorry, we do not help with traffic violations, criminal law, medical malpractice or person injury.
- The level of services we provide depends on the circumstances of your case and on the availability of resources.
Get Legal Information
Language Access Rights / Derecho de acceder servicios en español
If You Have Experienced Domestic Violence:
- If you are in danger, call 911.
- Someone who has direct or remote access to your computer can see what sites you have visited. If you are on a computer that can be monitored by someone who has been abusive, please stop using that computer. Call MLSA at 1-800-666-6899 or return to the application information from a safer computer.
You may also call:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233
- National Sexual Abuse Hotline at 1-800-656-4673
For more information check out:
- Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence (links to local programs that provide services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.)
Apply for Legal Services
Free Tax Filing Options
Federal Tax Issues
Montana Self-Help Law Program